Binny's Home Bartender: Dalliance in Martinique
Fans of the Sidecar will love this irresistibly delicious tropical riff. Our homage to the Roaring 20’s classic Between the Sheets, it brings together cognac, a blend of Caribbean rums, and an alluringly spiced liqueur from Martinique.
You might be tempted to sub in your favorite triple sec here, but we insist you give Clement Creole Shrubb a try. It’s made with a blend of aged and unaged rhum from the French island of Martinque, then finished with orange peels and a touch of sweet Caribbean spices.
A quality light rum is key here, which is why we turned to Plantation 3 Star, a thoughtful blending of pot and column still rums from Barbados, Trinadad, and Jamaica.
Lastly our Clark & Sheffield cognac ties it all together, offering the depth and finesse of a VSOP, for the price of a VS.
Dalliance in Martinque
- 1 oz Clark & Sheffield VSOP Cognac
- 1 oz Plantation 3 Star Rum
- 1 oz Rhum Clement Creole Shrub
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Shake ice in filled shaker.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry, wrapped in a swath of lemon.