Demo Kitchen Recipes: Boston Beer Cheese
It doesn't get much better than a bowl of ooey-gooey melted cheese - unless of course it's made with beer! Chef Scott's Boston Beer Cheese recipe is full of savory and spicy flavors that will have you drooling for more. Best paired with a cold pint.
Boston Beer Cheese
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 12 ounces Sam Adams Boston Lager
- 8 ounces White Cheddar, Shredded
- 8 ounces Smoked Gouda, Shredded
- Hot Sauce to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat stir milk, onion powder, garlic powder, bay leaves, salt, and pepper to a simmer.
- In a small sauté pan melt the butter and whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook the roux while continuously whisking over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Whisk a small portion of the heated milk into the roux to prevent lumps from forming, then whisk the roux/milk mixture back in to the simmering milk.
- Whisk in beer and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and discard bay leaves. Gradually whisk in cheese, about 4 oz at a time. Make sure each addition melts before adding the next one.
- Once all the cheese is added and the sauce is smooth adjust the seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Serve with tortilla chips, pretzels and other crunchy game day snacks.
Demo Kitchen Recipes: Arancini Footballs
The big game happens every year, and every year it's back to the drawing board for new and exciting apps to serve at your super party. From the Binny's Demo Kitchen at Binny's Highland Park, resident Chef Scott Becker brings us Arancini shaped footballs. Your taste buds will be screaming TOUCH DOWN when these hit your mouth.Learn more
Demo Kitchen Recipe: Cauliflower Wings
Here's our take on a game day classic - it will gratify not only your vegetarian guests but also your committed carnivore. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, our flavorful version of this pub classic is so close in texture to the original that your friends will scream for more.Learn more
Big Game Showdown: Lobster Corn Dogs
This year’s Big Game pits Tampa Bay and their OG superstar quarterback, against the dynamic youngster from Kansas City. This match up deserves an equally exciting duel in the realm of game day food.Learn more