Demo Kitchen Recipe: Traditional Tacos
For many, tacos are THE definition of Mexican food. Our recipe focuses on the classic preparation. But whatever you prepare as a filling, we STRONGLY suggest skipping the microwave and warming the corn tortillas in the oven - see step #3 below. The tortillas gain not only an attractive color but also a delicious smoky/toasty note. The perfect pairing with our Taco Night cocktail recipe.
- 3 White Onions, diced and divided in half
- Vegetable Oil, as needed
- 5lbs Taco Meat or Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Taco Seasoning (see below)
- 1 cup Water
- 6-inch Corn Tortillas (~ 40)
- 2 Bunches Cilantro, chopped
- In a large shallow pan over medium-high heat, sauté half of the onions in a small amount of oil just until they start to turn translucent.
- Add the beef and taco seasoning to the pan continue to cook until the meat starts to brown. Add the water, cover, and let simmer until meat is fully cooked.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil in groups of 10. Place the tortillas in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are soft.
- Spoon a small amount of the seasoned beef into each tortilla and top with diced onion and cilantro. Serve with your favorite salsa or lime wedges.
Taco Seasoning (Makes ~1 cup)
- 5 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2-1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2-1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- Whisk all spices together.
Confessions of a Mixologist: Margarita Classics
There's a reason that when you think Mexican food, the first cocktail that comes to mind is the margarita. The citrus and sweet character is a timeless match with spicy, salty, saucy Mexican cuisine. If you're looking to impress, these two tips will help you make the perfect, crowd-pleasing margarita.Learn more
Demo Kitchen Recipe: Grilled Shrimp with Caramelized Pineapple Salsa
There's nothing like a hearty shrimp appetizer to really start your dinner party off right. Chef Scott's grilled shrimp with caramelized pineapple salsa will leave your guests with the most fulfilling sweet and savory experience they've ever had.Learn more
Demo Kitchen Recipe: Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche
Bright, citrusy ceviche is the ultimate refreshing starter for a dinner party whether served in a bowl or as a tostada. It also makes a fantastic addition to any Cinco de Mayo buffet when served with crunchy tortilla chips.Learn more