Demo Kitchen Recipe: Corned Beef Reuben
Its origins are lost in lore. Some argue that a hotelier deserves the credit for tossing all the ingredients together for a guest, while the guest's descendants argue that it was their forefather who came up with the recipe. What is NOT up for debate is that the Reuben is one of the greatest sandwiches ever conceived. The key to the recipe is allowing yourself to indulge - allow yourself the butter, and allow yourself as much dressing as you would like. After a night of St. Paddy's Day revelry, you deserve and need it!
Corned Beef Reuben
- 8 oz Corned Beef, shredded
- 3 oz Sauerkraut
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 oz Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 slices Marble Rye Bread
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, saute the corned beef and sauerkraut in butter until hot and starting to brown.
- Spread the thousand island on both pieces of bread then cover each piece with 2 slices of swiss. Sandwich the corned beef mix between the 2 pieces of bread.
- In another medium pan over medium high heat, melt the remaining butter. Fry both sides of the sandwich until golden brown.
Demo Kitchen Recipe: Corned Beef and Cabbage
What would St. Paddy's Day be without corned beef and cabbage? Though the Irish certainly enjoy the lion’s share of recognition, immigrant Jews of early 20th century New York City also deserve a larger cut of the credit for what we know today as corned beefLearn more
Demo Kitchen Recipe: Corned Beef Hash
Both crisp and soft, and oh so satisfying, corned beef hash is the PERFECT hangover cure after St. Paddy's Day. Concocted as a cunning means for using leftover meat, hash owes its name to the French word hacher - to chop, the only technique involved in its preparation.Learn more
Confessions of a Mixologist: Dublin Donkey
Here's an Irish twist to an everyday cocktail. A typical Dark and Stormy calls for rum, but the Dublin Donkey calls for Jameson Select Black Barrel. The addition of ginger beer allows the vanilla and spice flavors from the whiskey to shine.Learn more