Demo Kitchen Recipe: Corned Beef Reuben
Its origins are lost in lore. Some argue that a hotelier deserves the credit for tossing all the ingredients together for a guest, while the guest's descendents argue that it was their forefather who came up with the recipe. What is NOT up for debate is that the Reuben is one of the greatest sandwiches ever conceived. The key to the recipe is allowing yourself to indulge - allow yourself the butter, and allow yourself as much dressing as you would like. After a night of St. Patty's Day revelry, you deserve and need it!
Corned Beef Reuben
- 8 oz Corned Beef, shredded
- 3 oz Sauerkraut
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 oz Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 slices Marble Rye Bread
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, saute the corned beef and sauerkraut in butter until hot and starting to brown.
- Spread the thousand island on both pieces of bread then cover each piece with 2 slices of swiss. Sandwich the corned beef mix between the 2 pieces of bread.
- In another medium pan over medium high heat, melt the remaining butter. Fry both sides of the sandwich until golden brown.
Check out more of our favorite gourmet recipes, straight from our resident chef's demo kitchen.