Binny's Home Bartender: Waterloo Sunset
“As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset, I am in paradise.”
- Ray Davies of The Kinks
In 1967 The Kinks released the psychedelic pop masterpiece Waterloo Sunset. It is a beautiful song they somehow managed to make both lilting and melancholy at the same time. It is a true classic.
Forty years later London based mixologist, Dan Warner, came up with the Waterloo Sunset cocktail, a modern classic in its own right. This fruity, floral, and fizzy delight is the intersection of a French 75, a Kir Royale and an elderflower spritz. It is, seemingly, tailormade for Mother’s Day. So, if you usually bring your mom flowers, why not mix up this liquid bouquet instead. If you are smart, you will bring the flowers too. She will be in paradise.
- 1 oz. London Dry Gin (e.g., Bombay Sapphire)
- 1/2 oz. Elderflower Liqueur (e.g., St. Germain)
- 3 oz. Brut Champagne (e.g., Baron Fuente)
- 1/4 oz. Raspberry Liqueur (e.g., Chambord)
- Stir Gin and Elderflower Liqueur with ice, strain into a chilled flute.
- Top with Champagne then gently add Raspberry Liqueur (it will sink) to create a layered effect.
- Garnish with a fresh raspberry.
Binny's Home Bartender: Momosa
Mom deserves special treatment every day - not just on Mother's Day. Binny's can't help you with the flowers, but we have you covered for the perfect brunch cocktail.Learn more
Binny's Home Bartender: Chandon Garden Spritz
While you can certainly enjoy the Chandon Garden Spritz simply on the rocks, add some fun with a few garnishes and juice.Learn more
Confessions of a Mixologist: Fruity Wine Spritzer
You know that expression, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." We hear that wine has that same effect, too. So why not mix them together? This custom cocktail is fresh, crisp and sure to put some pep in your step.Learn more