Confessions of a Mixologist: Shillelagh Shake
AKA the Wisconsin Supper Club Grasshopper
The classic Grasshopper cocktail has roots in New Orleans, but it took our neighbors to the north to popularize the decadent ice-cream-based version. This is an adults only Shamrock Shake that packs the punch of a swift knock on the noggin with a shillelagh (in a good way!). It is, of course, a perfect way to cap your St. Patrick's Day.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1-1/2 oz. white crème de cacao
- 1-1/2 oz. green crème de menthe plus a little more for garnish
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Mint sprigs
- Purée ice cream, milk, crème de menthe, and the crème de cacao in a blender.
- Pour into two glasses (or one glass, we won’t judge if you want it all for yourself).
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream; drizzle a little crème de menthe over the top of the whipped cream. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and garnish with mint sprig. Serve immediately
Confessions of a Mixologist: Brass Nail
The Scotch and Drambuie based delight known as the Rusty Nail got a 21st century update with the addition of the immensely complex herbal liqueur Green Chartreuse. The result is known as the Carthusian Nail. We must confess that we have “borrowed” this idea to create a St. Patrick’s Day friendly version we are calling the Brass Nail.Learn more
Demo Kitchen Recipe: Corned Beef Reuben
Its origins are lost in lore. Some argue that a hotelier deserves the credit for tossing all the ingredients together for a guest, while the guest's descendants argue that it was their forefather who came up with the recipe.Learn more
Demo Kitchen Recipe: St. Patrick's Day Roasted Salmon Supper
A sophisticated Irish influenced meal full of familiar flavors and perfectly suited for family or a small dinner party - oven roasted salmon with carrot sauce, parsnip puree and caramelized cabbage.Learn more