Confessions of a Mixologist: Pennington's Egg Nog
What would the holidays be without some homemade Egg Nog? Made with strawberry rye whiskey, this is one recipe from Pennington's recipe vault that you'll want to enjoy all year round.
(Photo and recipe courtesy of Pennington's Whiskey)
Pennington's Egg Nog
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tbsp.
- 1 cup cream
- 1 pint milk
- 4 oz. Pennington's Strawberry Rye Whiskey
- 1 tsp. freshly-grated nutmeg
- Separate egg yolks and whites into separate bowls.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar on high with an electric mixer until creamy and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and remaining tablespoon of sugar on high with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the Pennington?s into your egg yolks before adding milk, cream and nutmeg.
- Mix in whipped egg whites and chill well before serving.
Confessions of a Mixologist: Pennington's White Hot Chocolate
Spice up your White Hot Chocolate with Pennington's Strawberry Rye for an unbelievable tasty drink. Not a fan of white chocolate? Sub with for milk or dark chocolate chips for an equally yummy cocktail!Learn more
Confessions of a Mixologist: Shillelagh Shake
The classic Grasshopper cocktail has roots in New Orleans, but it took our neighbors to the north to popularize the decadent ice-cream-based version. This is an adults only Shamrock Shake that packs the punch of a swift knock on the noggin with a shillelagh (in a good way!).Learn more
Confessions of a Mixologist: Batch Cocktails
Rich, creamy eggnog is a delicious holiday tradition but some worry about consuming raw eggs. This recipe was designed to deliver the finest cup of holiday cheer imaginable in a safe and easy way. Sure, there are good examples of premade eggnog, but nothing beats homemade.Learn more