Confessions of a Mixologist: Vieux Carre
Thirsty for a New Orleans classic? How about one that’s named in honor of the French Quarter – the Vieux Carré. You can think of it as an “improved Manhattan”. For background on both of these delicious cocktails, download the New Orleans Cocktails episode of Barrel To Bottle – The Binny’s Podcast.
- 1 oz Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Hardy VS Cognac
- 1 oz Dolin Rouge Sweet Vermouth
- 1 teaspoon Dom Benedictine
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 3 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass. Fill with ice and stir well. Strain into an ice filled rocks glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.