Demo Kitchen Recipe: Grilled Shrimp with Caramelized Pineapple Salsa
There's nothing like a hearty shrimp appetizer to really start your dinner party off right. Chef Scott's grilled shrimp with caramelized pineapple salsa will leave your guests with the most fulfilling sweet and savory experience they've ever had. This dish is fantastic paired with a chilled glass of rosé a crisp, savory sauvignon blanc, sparkling wine or your favorite New England IPA.
Grilled Shrimp with Caramelized Pineapple Salsa
Serving Size: 3 People Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus overnight marinating) Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs oregano, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 6 shrimp, shell on
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili powder for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the garlic, oregano, pepper flake, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp and marinate over night.
- In a large pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the pineapple and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook the pineapple for 3-4 minutes per side, regularly basting the fruit with the butter/sugar mixture.
- Remove the pineapple from the butter and allow it to cool. Cut the pineapple into a medium dice.
- In a medium mixing bowl toss together the pineapple, shallot, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side or until well charred and cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp with the pineapple salsa and garnish with a sprinkle of chili powder. (A plate for shells will be useful too.)
Demo Kitchen Recipe: Traditional Tacos
For many, tacos are THE definition of Mexican food. Our recipe focuses on the classic preparation. But whatever you prepare as a filling, we STRONGLY suggest skipping the microwave and warming the corn tortillas in the oven.Learn more
Confessions of a Mixologist: Humo Rosa
The Humo Rosa is an intricately mixed cocktail full of sweet and smokey flavors. The Mezcal, ginger liqueur and grenadine flow perfectly together to create an uniquely flavorful spring cocktail.Learn more