Demo Kitchen Recipes: Arancini Footballs
The big game happens every year, and every year it's back to the
drawingpinterest board for new and exciting apps to serve at your super party. From the Binny's Demo Kitchen at Binny's Highland Park, resident Chef Scott Becker brings us Arancini shaped footballs. Your taste buds will be screaming TOUCH DOWN when these hit your mouth.
Serving Size:30-35 pieces
as needed Olive Oil
1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 cups Arborio Rice
½ cup Victory Golden Monkey
6 ounces Heavy Cream
4 cups Vegetable Stock, Heated
1 cup Frozen Peas
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
to taste Salt and White Pepper
~2 cups All Purpose Flour (as needed)
~8 Eggs Beaten (as needed)
~3 cups Breadcrumbs (as needed) as needed
1. In a 5-6 quart saucepan over medium high heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add the rice and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add beer to deglaze, scraping the bottom to remove any stuck on bits.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add half of the cream, stirring constantly, allowing the rice to absorb the moisture from the beer and cream. While still stirring, begin adding the stock 1 cup at a time allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding the next.
4. Add remaining cream and peas. Continue to stir letting the rice absorb the cream. Remove from heat.
5. Finish with butter and parmesan cheese, stirring until fully incorporated and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let risotto cool in the fridge overnight.
6. Form the Risotto into 1 oz balls, slightly oblong to resemble footballs.
7. Coat each ball first with flour, then egg, and breadcrumbs.
8. In a medium stockpot heat vegetable to 350. Use enough oil to completely cover the footballs.
9. Once oil reaches 350, fry the footballs a few at a time until golden brown and hot in the middle. Place the footballs on paper towel to drain of excess oil. Season with salt.
10. Serve hot as is or with a dipping sauce of your choice. Like Boston Beer Cheese!
Check out more of our favorite gourmet recipes, straight from our resident chef's demo kitchen.