National Root Beer Float Day may only come once a year, but we’ve found multiple reasons to celebrate with this Ultimate Root Beer Float like it’s every day!
1. It’s made with Sprecher Bourbon Barrel Hard Root Beer. When root beer first came around, it was brewed as a light alcohlic beverage. So we were pretty pumped when Sprecher came out with their own version of this 18th century liquid invention.
2. It involves Ice Cream. ANY KIND YOU WANT. (But we prefer Edy’s Vanilla Bean… yum)
3. Drinking anything out of a frosted mug is, well, pretty much amazing.
4. The Root Beer Float Vodka makes it right. Seriously.
5. What else do we have to say?
It’s time to get your scoopers out and start celebrating this tasty tradition rooted all the way back to the 18th century!
The Ultimate Root Beer Float
2 oz Smirnoff Root Beer Float Vodka
Sprecher Root Beer
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
First, in a frosted mug, add two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream. Pour the 2 ounces of Root Beer Vodka on top. Finally, pour Sprecher Root beer until satisfied!
Do you have your own version of the classic Root Beer Float? Send them our way via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram!
Believe it or not, Hard Root Beer is becoming increasingly popular; we fully expect several to hit our shelves this year. The first to be available at our stores in bottles will most likely be the one pictured below crafted by Sprecher in Wisconsin, due to debut sometime in April.
Small Town Brewery in Wauconda, IL brews two Hard Root Beers, one clocking in at 10% ABV and one tipping the scales at an insane 20% ABV. Right now they are draft only (kegs can be ordered at your local Binny’s) with packaged goods hopefully hitting our stores sometime later this year.