1. Pirates love rum, so you should too. Ahoy!
2. Samuel Morewood, an Etymologist the 1800′s, basically said Rum means “the best.”
3. Because someone took the time to make this.
4. Rum is truly America’s first spirit, even before Rye, Bourbon and Applejack, from the shipping trade.
5. Pina Coladas, Daiquiris, Mojitos. Enough said.
And for your consuming pleasure, The Whiskey Hotline breaks down why you should treasure hunt these rums.
Botran Reserva Anejo: This budget rum packs a ton of flavor. Aged in whiskey, sherry, and port casks it has a richly textured body and flavors of caramelized bananas, fruit, and lightly smoky wood. A steal at $20.
El Dorado Superior 12 Year Old Demerara Rum: This rum from Guyana is smooth, rich, lightly spicy, and full of fruit. Complex enough for any whiskey drinker, or any cocktail. $34.99
Zafra 21 year: This Panamanian beauty is supple and sweet but balanced by oak spice and tannins. A superb example of aged rum, and one of the best values on the shelf at $44.99
Now, as the pirates would say, “Cheers t’ drinkin’ rum, buckos!”