What does nice weather, backyard barbecues and a long wedding season have in common? Moscato, of course!
May 9th is National Moscato Day, and Binny’s is ready to celebrate! Sure, moscato is delicious year round, but is especially tasty in the summer months. With its fresh and fruity taste, it’s just too hard to pass up on a warm, summer day. With aisles full of moscato, where should you start? We asked our moscato buyer for some favorites.
2013 Saracco Moscato d’Asti
Light and sparkling with aromas of peach, apricot, lemon peel and white flowers. Enjoy with a dessert or a spicy barbecue dish – the sweetness of the Moscato will reduce the heat of spicy food.
Marenco Brachetto d’Acqui Pineto Pink Moscato
For a full on sparkling wine, you can’t go wrong with Marenco Brachetto. It’s sweet, but you’ll still get the fruity and refreshing taste you so long for on your back porch.
2013 Bartenura Moscato d’Asti
You’ll find this Moscato to be crisp, refreshing and filled with flavors such as pear, tangerine, melon and even nectar.
New to Moscato? A few tips:
– Don’t sit on it. Moscato is made to be fresh and ready to drink!
– There’s no perfect food pairing with Moscato. Drink it with whatever you love.
– Regular Cork vs. Champagne Cork: bottles finished with Champagne corks will have more bubbles.
– Glara vs. Moscato Grapes: Glara grapes are a little more dry while moscato grapes are sweeter.
– What’s the “d’Asti?” It denotes that the wine came from a specific region in Piedmont, Italy.